A. The WMP File menu lists your most recently played files. If you don't want WMP to maintain this list, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, Binary Value.
- Enter a name of AddToMRU, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 00 to disable the list or 01 to enable it, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
You can clear current entries from the most recently played files list by either deleting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList registry subkey or deleting individual entries under this subkey. To clear streamed media entries, delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentURLList registry subkey.