A. All the configuration information that the FSMT uses is saved in an XML file that you can edit. To remove the _<source server name> from the created shares, perform these steps:
- Perform the steps outlined in the FAQ "Q. How do I use the Microsoft File Server Migration Toolkit (FSMT)?" (http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/49595/49595.html) through step 10 (don't click Continue). Select Close from the File Server Migration Wizard, and click Yes to the confirmation dialog box.
- Navigate to the C:\FileServerMigration folder, and open the subfolder for the project.
- Open the XML file in a text editor.
- Search for <TargetShare>Sharename_SourceServerName</TargetShare> and remove the _SourceServerName (e.g., change <TargetShare>DataShare_savdaldc02</TargetShare> to <TargetShare>DataShare</TargetShare>)
- Save the file and open the project again in the FSMT.
- Continue the migration. The share will be created without the _SourceServerName.