A. The Loopback adapter is a useful tool for testing the configuration of network protocols such as TCP/IP on a local system when you don't have a network card. To install the Loopback adapter, perform the following steps:
- Start the Add Hardware Control Panel applet (go to Start, Control Panel, Add Hardware).
- Click Next to go to the introduction dialog box.
- Select "Yes, I have already connected the hardware," then click Next.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of hardware, select "Add a new hardware device," then click Next.
- Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)," then click Next.
- Select "Network adapters," then click Next.
- Select Microsoft as the manufacturer, select "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" as the adapter, then click Next.
Click here to view image
- Click Next to go to the confirmation page.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
You will now have a new adapter under Network Connections.