A. On Windows NT, printer connections are part of a user's profile and are stored in the file ntuser.dat. Therefore, you need to include a default printer in the default user profile. Perform the following steps:
- Create a temporary domain user account named test.
- Log on at a workstation as test.
- Add the printer you want to be everyone's default.
- Log off as test.
- Copy the contents of folder c:winnt\profiles\test to a new folder on the netlogon share on the server. Call the new folder "default user."
- Create a new user account, and log on with it at a workstation. Check to ensure that you have the default printer.
Thanks to Paul Foster for this tip.