A. It is possible to disable the "Logon Using Dial-Up Networking" check box when logging on by performing the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- From the Edit menu select New - String Value
- Enter a name of RASDisable
- Double click the new value and set to 1. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
The change will take effect at next reboot and the logon using dial-up networking box will be greyed out.