A. To disable EFS, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EFS subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter a name of EfsConfiguration and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1 to disable EFS, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Reboot the machine.
This change will affect all users: When users try to encrypt a file, they'll receive an error. You can set the registry value to 0 to enable EFS, but this value doesn't exist by default.