A. You can configure XP and later to automatically reopen any folders that were open before you shut down the machine. To automatically reopen these folders, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced registry subkey.
- Double-click the PersistBrowsers value or create this value of type DWORD if it doesn't exist.
- Set the value data to 1 to automatically reopen folders or set the value data to 0 to not automatically reopen folders, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.