A. XP lets you customize different appearance settings for different folders (e.g., some folders might display details while others display thumbnail images). XP remembers these settings for as many as 400 customized folders and stores this information under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags registry subkey. However, you can increase or decrease the number of customized folders that XP remembers by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name BagMRU Size, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to the number of folders that you want XP to remember, then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam registry subkey as well.
- Close the registry editor, then reboot the system for the change to take effect.