A. In accordance with Request for Comments (RFC) 2068, IE 5.0 and later limit the number of concurrent downloads to one server. HTTP 1.0-based servers are limited to four sessions, and HTTP 1.1-based servers are limited to three sessions, one of which is queued. If your servers support high bandwidth and you want to establish more concurrent connections, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server for HTTP 1.0-based servers or enter the name MaxConnectionsPerServer for HTTP 1.1-based servers, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to the hexadecimal value for the number of connections you desire (e.g., a in hex for 10), then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.