A. This is normally done by selecting 'Taskbar & Start Menu...' from the Settings menu of the Start button, select the 'Start Menu Options' and check the ' Display Logoff' option.
You can also accomplish this by directly editing the registry:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- From the Edit menu select New - DWORD value and enter a name of StartMenuLogoff (if it does not exist)
- Double click the new value and set to 1
- Close the registry editor
- Logoff and then logon