A. As you will be aware the pagefile contains areas of memory that were swapped out to disk, it may be in a secure environment you want this pagefile cleared when the machine is shutdown as parts of memory containing passwords/sensitive information may have been mapped out to the pagefile.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
- If the value ClearPageFileAtShutdown does not exist, from the Edit menu select New - DWORD value and enter a name of ClearPageFileAtShutdown
- Double click on ClearPageFileAtShutdown and set to 1
- Reboot the machine and next time you shutdown the pagefile will be cleared