A. In Windows 2000 certain directories content is automatically hidden (such as the %systemroot%, system32 etc folder) to avoid the user accidentally corrupting the system. In order to see the files you have to click the 'Show Files' text.
If you know what you are doing this can get annoying quickly and you can disable this as follows:
- Start Explorer (Win + E or right click My Computer and select Explore)
- From the Tools menu select Folder Options
- On the View tab select 'Show hidden files and folders'. Click OK
- Move to the %systemroot% directory (e.g. c:\winnt)
- Click 'Show Files'
- Rename the Desktop.ini file to something else, e.g. Desktopbak.ini