A. If your Dfs root was created as a fault-tolerant Dfs root you may add other Dfs servers as part of the Dfs root replica set.
To add a new Dfs root replica member perform the following:
- Start the Distributed File System MMC snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Distributed File System)
- Right click on the root you wish to add a replica to and select ‘New Root Replica’
- You will be asked for a server that will host a copy of the Dfs root. Click Next
- As when creating the original you need to either select an existing share or create a new folder and share. Click Finish
- Click OK to the success confirmation
These root replicas will all contain the Dfs root information by utilitizing and replicating via the Active Directory. You can actually see the Dfs information using the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, select Advanced Features view, System, Dfs.