|Author's System Configuration|
| || |
100MHz Pentium, with 256K of cache, 32MB of EDO RAM, and 1GB of disk space
Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0
Configuring the HP SCSI Adapter
The following instructions are specific to the HP SCSI adapter, but you can easily modify them to apply to any SCSI adapter that you add after you've installed NT or when NT fails to recognize the presence of the SCSI card during NT's installation. In step 4, if you use a SCSI card different from the HP card, you must choose the appropriate driver.
- Install the Hewlett-Packard (HP) ScanJet SCSI adapter (C2502-66500), and check whether Interrupt Requester (IRQ) 5 is available. If IRQ 5 isn't available, use another SCSI card. (The HP SCSI card defaults to IRQ 5, and cannot be changed.)
- Run the Windows NT Setup program and from the Options menu, select Add/Remove SCSI Adapter. When the SCSI Adapter Setup dialog appears, select Add.
- In the SCSI Adapter Option dialog, scroll down and select Other from the list of adapters. When the Insert Disk dialog appears, insert the HP DeskScan II installation disk in drive A. Overwrite the drive path with a:\ and select OK.
- When the Select OEM Option dialog appears, choose the following driver: NCR-SDMS-53C400A SCSI DriverHP400NT-3.00.x.
- Choose Install. The Windows NT Setup dialog appears and requests the path to the OEM SCSI adapter files. Select a:\ and choose Continue.
- When the SCSI Adapter Setup dialog appears, choose Close.
- When the Windows NT Setup dialog appears, choose Exit.
- Shut down the system, and then reboot.
Online Information Sources
All the scanner manufacturers listed below provide their latest drivers on their Web pages. You can also obtain these vendors' drivers--although not always the latest versions--on CompuServe, but some users have found that large files take a long time to download and frequently the download program hangs during transfer. However, discussion groups such as those on CompuServe provide user experiences and information that you can't get from the vendors.
| || || |
|GO GRAPHSUP |