A: There are certainly a lot of dependencies for the System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2012 Discovery Management Pack, which is found in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\ManagementPacks folder of the SCVMM 2012 installation.
First, copy all of the management packs in the SCVMM 2012 Management Pack folder to your System Center Service Manager (SCSM) 2012 installation, and place them in a folder, which could be C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager.
They won't all import though, because there are dependencies on other management packs.
You need to install all the Operations Manager 2007 Management Packs that actually ship with SCSM 2012. If you look in C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Operations Manager Management Packs, you will notice a large number of management packs you should install.
You can install them manually though the administration workspace, run the Import Management Pack action, and select all the management packs from the folder (make sure you add both .xml and .mp extensions). This can also be achieved by running the included installOMMPs.ps1 Windows PowerShell script.
There are some other items with dependencies, too, that must be downloaded and installed.
Download each of the following and run the installation on your Service Manager 2012 server, which will extract the included management packs to the C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center Management Packs folder:
- Windows Server Internet Information Services 7 Monitoring Management Pack
- SQL Server Monitoring Management Pack
- Windows Server Operating System Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
The following packs contain the required management packs:
- Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2003 – Windows Server Internet Information Services 7 Monitoring Management Pack
- Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.2008– Windows Server Internet Information Services 7 Monitoring Management Pack
- Microsoft.Windows.InternetInformationServices.CommonLibrary– Windows Server Internet Information Services 7 Monitoring Management Pack
- Microsoft.SQLServer.Library – SQL Server Monitoring Management Pack
The IIS 2008 Management Pack actually needs Microsoft.Windows.Server.2008.Discovery Management Pack (which needs Microsoft.Windows.Server.Library Management Pack). This is part of Windows Server Operating System Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007.
After you've downloaded all these, go back to Service Manager and add the management packs (.xml and .mp) that you downloaded from each of the folders under C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center Management Packs, such as Internet Information Services Management Pack, SQLServer Management Pack, and Windows Server Base OS System Center Operations Manager 2007 Management Pack.
You will now be able to import the Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Library Management Pack and the all-important Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.2012.Discovery Management Pack, which you can see below.