A: When you install System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 Software Update Point role, it automatically sets a synchronization with Microsoft Update for every seven days. You can change this by modifying the Software Update Point configuration as follows:
- Start Configuration Manager management tool.
- Select the Administration workspace.
- Expand Site Configuration, and select Sites in the navigation pane.
- Right-click your site and select Configuration Site Components, Software Update Point or select the site and then from the Settings option on the ribbon select Configuration Site Components, Software Update Point. (See screen shot below.)
- Select the Sync Schedule tab.
- Modify the schedule as required and click OK once complete. (See screen shot below.)
Got technology issues? We've got technology answers. Check out John Savill's FAQs for Windows.