A. The R3 upgrade for SCCM 2007 R2 is only 25MB and it's easy to install. First, get KB 977384 from Microsoft's support site and install it. Once it's installed, launch the SCCM 2007 R3 installation and your installation will be upgraded in less than a minute.
If you're using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), you need to import the new Power Management reports using the process below. Note that if you've never actually configured SSRS, you simply ensure that you have SSRS enabled on your SQL Server (or another box), and add that box as an SCCM site server as the ConfigMgr Report Services point. Then go to Computer Management, Reporting, Reporting Services, <server>, then select Copy Reports to Reporting Point and just select all the reports from SCCM. To add the new ones, you need to do the following:
- Open the SCCM console.
- Navigate to Site Database, Computer Management, Reporting, Reporting Services, <Reporting Services Server>.
- From the Actions menu, select Copy Reports to Reporting Services.
- Select the SQL Reporting Services server and database name.
- Specify the credentials (which may be Windows integrated security) and click Next.
- Select the Import Report Definition Language files from a Microsoft signed cabinet file box and click Browse. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Reports\Power Management, which is where the reports are copied to during the installation of R3, and select MicrosoftReportPack.cab. Then click Next.
- Click next in all the following dialogs and the reports will be installed. Click Close once it's done.
The Power Reports will now be available, both in SSRS reporting and on the web site.