A. By default, XP doesn't let you convert a FireWire-connected disk to a dynamic disk. However, you can make a simple registry change to accomplish such an upgrade. To convert a FireWire-connected disk to a dynamic disk, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\dmadmin\Parameters registry subkey.
- Double-click EnableDynamicConversionFor1394, set this value to 1, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Reboot the machine for the change to take effect.