A: The simplest way to see the total size of all databases on SQL Server is to run the sp_helpdb procedure. To do this, perform the following:
- Launch the SQL Server Management Studio (part of the SQL Server tools installation).
- Connect to your database server.
- Select the New Query button.
- Type the following:
- Press the Execute button or just press F5.
- The database size of all your databases will be displayed in the results, as the screen shot shows below.
Get more help from John Savill on everything Microsoft--and more--at John Savill's FAQS for Windows.