Understand query types
- Select Query: the most common type of query, used to select records, filter and sort, and perform simple calculations upon the results (such as totaling, counting, or averaging).
- The Simple Query Wizard produces a simple, select query. During the Wizard you cannot specify groupings, calculations, filters or sorts, but you can modify the query later.
- Crosstab Query: produces something that looks a lot like an Excel worksheet or Pivot Table.
- Find Unmatched Query Wizard: compares certain fields in two tables and identifies records that do not exist in both tables.
- Find Duplicates Query Wizard selects records that contain identical information in one or more specified fields.
Please Log In or Register to post comments.