A. The enhanced security features of Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows XP SP2 cause a permissions problem with Virtual Server 2005 access via the Virtual Server Administration Web site, as the figure shows. To correct the problem, you need to grant the Authenticated Users group permissions in the Distributed COM (DCOM) configuration. To do so, perform these steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) DCOM Configuration snap-in (Start, Run, dcomcnfg.exe).
- Expand Component Services, Computers, My Computer, DCOM Config.
- Right-click Virtual Server in the right pane of the DCOM Configuration utility and select Properties from the displayed context menu.
- Select the Security tab.
- In the Launch and Activation Permission dialog box, select Customize and click Edit.
- In the "Group or user names" section, select Authenticated Users. (If Authenticated Users isn't displayed, click Add and add the Authenticated Users group).
- Enable Local Activation and Remote Activation by selecting the "Allow" check boxes, as the figure shows.