A. You can use group policy to configure the password requirements for removable BitLocker protected drives:
- Open the Group Policy Management Editor and edit a Group Policy Object that's linked to an organizational unit or domain that contains the Windows clients.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Removable Data Drives.
- Double-click Choose how BitLocker-protected removable drives can be recovered
- Set to this policy to Enabled, then configure the complexity requirements.
Click to expand.
- Click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Q. How can I set the recovery options for removable BitLocker protected devices?
- Q. If I protect a USB drive with BitLocker and configure it to autounlock on a computer, does it autounlock only for my user or for all users of the computer?
- Q: What types of disk configurations does BitLocker Drive Encryption (BDE) support?
- Q. If I unlock a BitLocker protected USB device, is it only unprotected for the current user?
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.