The report design view is very similar to the form design view. Many tasks, are accomplished using the same skills discussed in the section “Modifying forms.”
Each control, label, field name and title on a report is an object. You can:
- Select an object by clicking it. Selection handles around the object will indicate it has been selected. You can select multiple objects by holding the shift key and clicking additional objects.
- Move an object by selecting it, then positioning the mouse over a border until the mouse pointer becomes an open hand. Then drag the object to a new location.
- Size an object by selecting it, then positioning the mouse over one of the selection handles until the pointer becomes a two-headed arrow. Then drag the handle to resize the object.
- Delete an object by selecting it and pressing the delete key.
- Format an object by selecting it and using the Formatting toolbar shortcuts or right-clicking the object and using one of the shortcut menu commands.