A. When you install BackOffice Server (BOS) 4.5 on a Win2K Server machine, Site Server version 3.0 is blocked and isn't available as an optional component through any installation method. Because both the Intranet Collaboration Kit and the Intranet Publishing Kit depend on Site Server 3.0, they also don't install.
If you manually install Site Server version 3.0 and Site Server version 3.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) after you install BOS 4.5, you still can't install the Intranet Collaboration or Publishing Kit. When you try to choose either component during BOS 4.5 setup, both are unavailable, and the system generates one of the following error messages (depending on which component you try to select):
Intranet Collaboration Kit depends on Site Server, which has 1 or more install problem(s).
BackOffice Server 4.5 Setup
Intranet Publishing Kit depends on Site Server, which has 1 or more install problem(s).
To resolve this problem, you need to remove BOS 4.5, then reinstall it following the instructions included in the "Installing Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server" white paper. To remove BOS 4.5, perform the following steps:
- Use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to uninstall Site Server 3.0 SP3. You might not be able to do this if you didn't create an uninstall folder. However, because you will reinstall this program, it isn't an issue if you can't uninstall it.
- Use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to uninstall Site Server 3.0.
- Use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to uninstall SQL Server 7.0.
- Uninstall Exchange Server 5.5 by running the exchsvr\server\setup\i386\setup.exe program from CD-ROM number 4.
- Use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to uninstall Proxy Server.
- Uninstall SNA Server by running the SNA40\i386\setup.exe program from CD-ROM number 7.
- Use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to uninstall the BackOffice Server 4.5 Setup files.
- Reboot the computer and ensure that the following folders for the associated programs are deleted:
- Microsoft Site Server
- Site Server 3.0 SP2
- Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice
- Use regedt32.exe to delete the following keys from the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft key:
- BackOffice Web Administrator
- BackOffice Administrator
- Restart your computer, then start the Distributed Transaction Coordinator and Indexing Services.
- Install Site Server 3.0, then install Site Server 3.0 SP2.
- Start the Distributed Transaction Coordinator and Indexing Services.
- Use BackOffice 4.5 Setup to install the BOS components.
- Use the Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5 Readiness Kit for Windows 2000 CD-ROM to update the BOS components as described in the "Installing Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5 on Windows 2000 Server" white paper.