A. You can install WSRM on a system that has either Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition or Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition. After you've downloaded WSRM at Microsoft Web site (the downloaded file is in International Organization for Standardization--ISO--image format), you'll need to either burn the file to a CD-ROM or open it in a virtual CD-ROM drive by using special software (such as Virtual CD).
To install WSRM, perform the following steps:
- Start the setup.exe program (<cdrom>:\setup\x86).
- At the installation dialog box's welcome screen, click Next.
- Select "I accept the license agreement" and click Next.
- Click Next to install the server and client components.
- Accept the default of "accounting enabled" and click Next. The installation files will be copied and services will be installed.
- When the installation is done, click Finish; by default, the WSRM server management component starts.