When you attempt to run a program in Windows XP, the program crashes, and you receive:
We apologize for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
This problem will occur if Windows XP cannot access a file because of a hard disk problem, or a problem with the drivers for the storage medium.
To identify the file:
1. Start / Run / eventvwr.msc / OK.
2. Select the Application log.
3. Press the Source column.
4. Look for an event with a source of Application Error and an event ID of 1005.
5. Double-click the above event.
6. The Description box contains the file name.
7. Try running the program again, in case the problem was temporary. If the error
persists, run CHKDSK
NOTE: See Windows XP Error Reporting.