This GUI tool gives you information about your IP configuration.
To use wntipcfg
- At the command prompt, type:
- The resulting screen identifies your IP address and the IP address of your default gateway.
- When you make a PPTP connection, Dial-Up Networking changes your default gateway to be the IP address of the PPTP server.
- Click More info.
The resulting screen identifies your IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for each of your network interfaces, including the interface for your network adapter, your Dial-Up Networking interface, and your PPTP interface.
Downloading and Installing a Tool
Each downloaded tool includes the files required to run the tool, a documentation file, and a readme file with general information about the downloaded tools and Resource Kit tools.
To download and install a tool
- Click the name of the tool in the box at the top right corner of this page.
- In the File Download dialog box, select Save this program to disk.
- Select a location on your computer to save the file, and then click Save.
- In Windows Explorer, go to the location where you saved the downloaded file, double-click the file to start the installation process, and then follow the instructions.
The downloaded file is a self-extracting executable (.exe) file. By running the file, you install the tool and documentation on your computer.
When you install a tool, you are prompted to choose an install directory. If the Windows 2000 Resource Kit is installed, install the tool in the Resource Kit directory to avoid an overly large system path and to ensure more reliable upgrades. When you install the Resource Kit, the recommended directory is
The Resource Kit tools are not localized. They are written and tested in English only. Using these tools with a different language version of Windows 2000 might produce unpredictable results.