If a repair does NOT cause your computer to operate normally, you may wish to try an in-place upgrade, a last resort before reinstalling. The in-place upgrade takes the same time as a reinstall.
To perform an in-place upgrade:
1. Boot the CD-ROM (or boot disks).
2. Press Enter to install a copy of Windows 2000.
3. Accept the License Agreement.
4. If setup does NOT detect a your installation, an in-place upgrade is NOT possible.
5. When prompted to repair the existing installation, press R. Setup will perform an in-place upgrade.