When you enable VPN in RRAS, packets to the 'Internet' interface are NOT forwarded. Packets are forwarded over the VPN and internal LAN connections.
The RRAS Setup Wizard lets you choose one of the following:
Remote access server
Virtual private network (VPN) server
Manually configured server
If you wish your VPN server to act as a router:
1. In the RRAS Setup wizard, Press Manually configured server.
2. After you enable RRAS, select the Enable this computer as a Router check box in the RRAS server Properties.
3. In the RRAS Manager, right-click Ports and press Properties.
4. Press WAN Miniport (PPTP) and press Configure.
5. Select the Remote access connections (inbound only) check box.
6. Press WAN Miniport (L2TP) and press Configure.
7. Select the Remote access connections (inbound only) check box.
NOTE: Failure to enable packet filtering in the 'Internet' interface opens your VPN server to attack from the Internet.