A. Windows 2000 provides built in DVD support and will keep track of the DVD region but needs to be set initially as follows. After setting you are allowed to change it once more using the same method.
- Start Device Manager (Right click on My Computer - Properties - Hardware tab - Device Manager)
- Expand 'DVD/CD-ROM drives'
- Right click on the DVD drive and select Properties
- Select the 'Advanced Settings' tab
- Select you region and click OK
Click here to view image
- Click OK to the confirmation
- Click OK to all other dialogs
If you have other drivers for hardware/software that tracks region then these also need to be set.