A. With Windows Installer 1.1 and later, you can restrict users from browsing MSI files on removable media such as CD-ROMs and DVDs by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer registry subkey (create this subkey if it doesn't exist).
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name DisableMedia, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.