Microsoft Office 2003 allows you to more easily customize menus and toolbars using the Rearrange Commands dialog box.
- Right-click a toolbar and choose Customize (or choose Tools → Customize).
- Click the Commands tab.
- Click the Rearrange Commands button.
The Rearrange Commands dialog box appears.
In the Rearrange Commands dialog box, you can:
Choose a menu or toolbar to rearrange. The commands on that menu or toolbar then appear in the Controls list.
The technical name for toolbar buttons and menu commands is controls.
- Delete a control.
- Rearrange the order of controls using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- Change the appearance of a control, including its button image, using the Modify Selection menu.
- Create a group of controls, with a separator line before the group. Select the first control in the group, click Modify Selection, and choose Begin a Group.
- Assign a hyperlink to a control. Select the control, click Modify Selection, and choose Assign Hyperlink, then click Open. The hyperlink replaces the command originally associated with the control. You cannot assign hyperlinks to buttons that display a list or menu.
- Reset the menu or toolbar to its default configuration.