A: The best way to map a drive is to use Group Policy Preferences, introduced in Windows Server 2008. Group Policy Preferences removes many of the reasons we had to use scripts in the past.
1. Open an existing Group Policy Object (GPO) (or create a new one linked to the domain or OU you want to map to).
2. Navigate to User Configuration, Preferences, Windows Settings, Drive Maps.
3. Right-click Drive Maps and select New, Mapped Drive.
4. To add a new mapped drive for users, select Create (or select Replace to replace an existing map drive that might already exist with the same letter).
5. Close Group Policy.
6. Enter the details for the share, a name, and letter, then click OK (see the screen shot below).
To see more FAQs, please go to John Savill's FAQs page on Windows IT Pro.