Q: How do I stop Server Manager from launching on all servers in my environment?
A: By default, when a user logs on to a server, the Server Manager application is launched. This can be disabled for each user via the Server Manager properties.
However, to disable it for all servers and all users, perform the following:
- Open a Group Policy Object (GPO) where you want to configure the setting in the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Navigate toComputer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, System, Server Manager.
- Double-click Do not display Server Manager automatically at logon.[DoNotOpenAtLogon]
- Set to Enabled and click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor.