Mon, 01/29/2007 - 11:00pm
- Identify all physical and logical connections to the outside world.
- Take the lead in implementing new Internet-based technologies securely from the start.
- Protect all routes through which files can enter your network with anti-malware software.
- Always patch all OSs, perimeter-related devices, applications, and servers as soon as
patches are available.
- Insulate remotely accessible applications with application-level gateways such as ISA
Server and plug-ins from ISA Server partners.
- Consider advanced perimeter security solutions for IM, XML, and Web filtering.
- If you need an IDS or IPS, plan for the necessary support and maintenance.