Finding cool Windows utilities is now easier than ever. Here's where you can discover just about all of them.
- The base OS—The most well-known and obvious tools are included with the OS, and the built-in Help files can typically guide you through their use.
- The Support Tools—The product CD-ROM contains the standard troubleshooting tools that all advanced administrators use.
- The Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads)—This site is Microsoft's portal for all things downloadable. Also available at this location are the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx).
- The Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit, which you can also access at the Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en)—Here's where you can find just about every other Windows tool.
- Various third-party Web sites—Last but certainly not least are freeware or shareware utilities from non-Microsoft sources. You can reach Sysinternals at http://www.sysinternals.com, and you can obtain AdFind and AdMod at http://www.joeware.net.