Q: How can I display more than three rows of applications on my Surface RT device?
A: By default the Surface RT device can only show three rows of applications on the Start screen because of the resolution. Make the change below to enable four rows on the Start screen. This tells Windows RT the display is actually a bigger display, which means other items will be made smaller such as the onscreen keyboard.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer.
- From the Edit menu select New, Key.
- Enter a name of Scaling and press Enter.
- Select the new key and from the Edit menu select New, String value.
- Enter a name of MonitorSize and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set to 12.1, and click OK.
- Restart the Surface RT device.
After reboot there will now be four rows of icons.
Save the following to scaling.reg and double-click to make the change.
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00