A. By default, all your ADAM replicas are in the same site. Because replication within a site is based on notification--that is, when a server has a change, it notifies its replication partners of the update--by default changes should be replicated almost instantly. A replication schedule exists for intrasite replication; however, this schedule applies only when no update-based replication has occurred within the standard replication time interval. To modify the default replication interval within a site, perform these steps:
- Start the ADAM ADSI Edit tool (Start, Programs, ADAM, ADAM ADSI Edit).
- If ADAM ADSI Edit doesn't open the Configuration partition by default, connect to it by right-clicking the ADAM ADSI Edit root in the treeview pane and selecting "Connect to"; otherwise, go to step 4.
- At the dialog box that the figure at Figure shows, enter a connection name of "Configuration." (Leave the default server name and port number unless you changed the port during installation.) Under Connect to the following node, select "Well-known naming context" and choose "Configuration." Click OK.
- Expand the Configuration partition, expand sites, and select the site name (which by default is Default-First-Site-Name--the same as with Active Directory--AD).
- Right-click CN=NTDS Site Settings in the right pane and select Schedule from the displayed context menu.
- In the Schedule window, which the figure at Figure shows, you can set the default replication interval (if no update replications have occurred). By default, the interval is once per hour.
- Click OK.