We often use delegate access in our organization. We're about to migrate to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. Which clients will work with delegate access?
Here's a quick rundown of popular Exchange clients and whether they support delegate access when used with Exchange 2003:
- IMAP and POP clients don't support delegate access.
- Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac OS X supports Outlook-style delegate access but doesn't support setting up delegation: The mailbox owner has to use Outlook for Windows to grant delegate permissions.
- Outlook 97 and later all support delegate access via Messaging API (MAPI).
- Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) and Exchange ActiveSync don't support delegate access.
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) doesn't support delegate access, but OWA users can get around that restriction by using the direct URL for the delegated mailbox they want to access.