A. If you select New within, for example, Explorer you will be given a large list of document templates that have registered themselves on your machine.
If you would like to trim away some of these perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- Move to the file extension of the template you no longer want to be displayed, e.g. .s3d for Simply 3D, .psp for Paint Shop Pro, .doc for Word
- If the template appears on the New menu there will be a subkey, ShellNew. Select this key and press DEL. Click YES to the confirmation
- Close the registry editor
It will now be removed from the new menu (you will have to restart Explorer if it is running so it reloads in the registry information).