A. XP monitors the amount of available disk space and displays a warning in the taskbar when the hard disk is almost full. To disable this feature, perform the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.
- Go to the Edit menu, and select New - DWORD value.
- Enter a name of NoLowDiskSpaceChecks, and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.
You can also use Microsoft's TweakUI utility (version 1.9) to disable the low-disk-check feature. Access the utility from the taskbar, and clear the 'Warn when low on disk space' setting.