A. By default, when you click a hyperlink or move forward or backward within IE, the browser produces a clicking sound. To turn off this sound, perform the following steps:
- Open the Sounds and Multimedia Control Panel applet (go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, and double-click Sounds and Multimedia).
- Select the Sounds tab.
- Under Sound Events, navigate to the Internet Explorer section.
- Navigate to Start Navigation and remove the sound for this event by selecting "none."
- Click OK.
You can also turn off IE's clicking sound in the Registry by performing the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating subkey.
- Select the .current subkey.
- Select Delete from the Edit menu.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.