A. NetMeeting's Remote Desktop Sharing feature lets you gain control of another person's desktop, which is useful for Help desk personnel who need to see what's happening on a user's computer. However, users can easily turn this feature off. To prevent users from turning off Remote Desktop Sharing, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Conferencing\Mcpt registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, String Value.
- Enter the name Nx, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, then click OK.
Users with typical access privileges will no longer be able to access the Remote Desktop Sharing option under the NetMeeting Tools menu. This setting doesn't affect an administrator's ability to turn off Remote Desktop Sharing.