A. If you have Administrator privileges, you can manually create a new point-in-time view of a share in addition to the scheduled views. To manually trigger Windows 2003 to make a VSS snapshot (aka Shadow Copy), perform the following steps:
- From Windows Explorer, right-click the drive for which you want to enable VSS.
- From the context menu, select Properties.
- Select the Shadow Copies tab.
- Under "Select a volume," select the volume that you want a Shadow Copy of.
- Click Create Now to create the snapshot.
Click here to view image
- Click OK to exit.