A. XP lets you configure which notification icons appear on-screen and whether XP hides an icon when its process is idle. To configure the display notification settings, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the taskbar and select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the "Hide inactive icons" check box.
- Click the "Customize" button.
- Select the appropriate display behavior (i.e., "Hide when inactive," "Always hide," "Always show") for the icon you want to modify.
- Repeat step 4 for each icon whose behavior you want to modify, then click OK to close all dialog boxes.
Click here to view image