A: When installing the System Center Service Manager 2012 Data Warehouse, several steps have to be taken on the SQL Reporting Services server. These steps consist of copying the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll file from the Service Manager 2012 Prerequisites folder to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder (for SQL Server 2008 R2), and then editing the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rssrvpolicy.xml file and adding the security required to use the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll file.
If the security hasn't been correctly configured when the management packs from Service Manager try to deploy to the Data Warehouse server, errors will be logged in the Operations Manager event log on the Data Warehouse server. They look like the following:
- Log Name: Operations Manager
- Source: Deployment
- Date: 5/4/2012 12:08:51 PM
- Event ID: 33410
- Task Category: None
- Level: Error
- Keywords: Classic
- User: N/A
- Computer: SAVDALSMDW01.savilltech.net
- Deployment Execution Infrastructure has retried the maximum number of times and is giving up on this execution step.
- MP Element ID: 498da8b0-4612-f2e5-82a8-e42741d1f7b1
- MP name: ServiceManager.IncidentManagement.Report.Library
- MP version: 7.5.1561.0
- Operation: Install
- Error message: Install 'Report' operation failed from within 'install' Installing reports store = http://SAVDALSQL01:80/ReportServer/ReportService2005.asmx parameters are folderpath = /SystemCenter/ServiceManager/ServiceManager.Console.Reporting.IncidentManagement, report name = ServiceManager.Report.IncidentManagement.ListOfIncidents in AddReport within SRSResourceStore AddReport ; After initialize within SRSResourceStore AddReport ;Error while loading code module: ‘Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) at Microsoft.SystemCenter.ResourceAccessLayer.SrsResourceStore.AddReport(String folderPath, String name, String reportDescription, String reportId, IResource rdl, Boolean overwrite, Boolean visible)
- at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Deployers.ReportDeployer.CreateReport(Boolean overwrite)
Notice the reference to the DLL file copied and the permissions issue. After you confirm you copied the DLL to the right location, open the rssrvpolicy.xml and ensure the code block documented at Microsoft's website has been correctly pasted at the bottom of the file.
The most common problem is that the code block isn't correctly pasted in and is therefore not used. Below is a correctly pasted block at the bottom of the file. Fix the file and save, and the change will take immediate effect. Make sure the preceeding CodeGroup block has its in place still or the new entry will not be used.
- Name="Microsoft System Center Service Manager Reporting Code Assembly"
- Description="Grants the SCSM Reporting Code assembly full trust permission.">
- version="1" PublicKeyBlob="0024000004800000940000000602000000240000525341310004000001000100B5FC90E7027F67871E773A8FDE8938C81DD402BA65B9201D60593E96C492651E889CC13F1415EBB53FAC1131AE0BD333C5EE6021672D9718EA31A8AEBD0DA0072F25D87DBA6FC90FFD598ED4DA35E44C398C454307E8E33B8426143DAEC9F596836F97C8F74750E5975C64E2189F45DEF46B2A2B1247ADC3652BF5C308055DA9"