- Forefront Identity Manager and Forefront User Access Gateway roadmaps remain unchanged, and Microsoft will continue investment in those technologies.
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange is renamed Exchange Online Protection, and will include some built-in anti-malware capability.
- The following products are being discontinued and will no longer be available for purchase after 12/1/2012 (but will be supported per normal Microsoft support processes through 12/31/2015 for the online services and 4/14/2015 with extended support through 4/14/2012 for Threat Management Gateway--TMG):
◦ Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE)
◦ Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint (FPSP)
◦ Forefront Security for Office Communications Server (FSOCS)
◦ Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG)
◦ Forefront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Services (TMG WPS)
Clients should look to migrate to alternate technologies or use in-box capabilities of Windows Server 2012 where possible.