Do the math… On any given folder you can apply up to 14 different permissions, 14 more for auditing, and they can be applied in 7 different ways. The combinations are endless. All of which can turn into a potentially highly visible, job-endangering and twisted-security mess.
But file server permissions can be made much simpler with good tools and permissions automation, you and your team can execute an invisible IT mission that can easily clean up permissions, before security gets involved. In this webcast, you’ll learn how you can:
- Centrally manage permissions, instead of managing each file individually
- Search for “who” has access to “what” quickly and easily
- Modify permissions in bulk, saving you and your team a lot of time
- Recover without full object restore for a simple, flexible option when mistakes happen
- Generate detailed reports that comprehensively document user permissions
Join Greg Shields of Concentrated Technology and Ryan Oistacher of Dell as they discuss the permission challenges on today’s file servers. You’ll learn where home-grown solutions work, and where they don’t. You’ll leave with the mission-critical knowledge you need to automate and clean up permissions challenges, and keep those scary virtual security goons far, far away.