Can I automatically apply a color to all birthdays?
You can use the automatic formatting feature to apply Outlook 2002's calendar color labels automatically, based on certain appointment properties. Follow these steps to make all birthdays purple:
- In your calendar's Day/Week/Month view, choose View, Current View, Customize Current View, then click Automatic Formatting.
- In the Automatic Formatting dialog box, which Figure 5 shows, click Add.
- Give the new rule the name Birthday, then select the purple Birthday color.
- Click Condition.
- In the Search for the word(s) text box in the Condition dialog box, enter Birthday.
- Click OK until you return to the Calendar folder.
Now, you'll see all birthdays highlighted in purple.