A. Due to the Windows 2000 file protection feature a download only of IE 5.5 will not work.
To work around this perform the following:
- Goto http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/ie/iepreview.asp
- Click your language download, e.g. English
- Select 'Save this program to disk' and click OK
Click here to view image
- Select a download location and click Save
- Once the download has finished (around 500KB) start a command session (cmd.exe) and move to the directory the file was download to
- Type the following:
ie5setup /c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"""
- Download away.
Optionally for step six you can add /q to perform a quiet download which will download the files for the current operating system. You can optionally change the /d to /d:1 which will download files for ALL operating systems, you can't download a specific OS installation.